Spinach Artichoke Dip from the wikibooks cookbook—original source of recipe, licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License
Formal or informal, Spinach Artichoke Dip is a great appetizer at any party. It is quick and easy taking very little time to prepare. The dip may be served with a variety or crackers, breads, or chips.
- 16 ounces (450 g) cream cheese
- ¾ cup (180 ml) heavy cream (use half milk, if desired)
- ⅓ cup (80 ml) grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ teaspoon (60 ml) garlic powder
- 16 ounces (450 g) frozen cut leaf spinach, thawed and well drained
- 1 can quartered artichoke hearts, rinsed and well drained
- ⅔ cup (160 ml) shredded Monterey jack cheese
- 1 cup prepared (240 ml) salsa
- Crackers or tortilla chips, for serving
- In a food processor fitted with a metal blade, process the cream cheese, cream, Parmesan cheese, and garlic powder until smooth and creamy. Add the spinach and process until thoroughly mixed. Add the artichokes and process just until coarsely chopped.
- Turn the mixture into a 3½-quart electric slow cooker; smooth the top.
- Cover and cook on the high heat setting 1¼ to 1½ hours, until hot in the center. Sprinkle the top evenly with the Jack cheese and spoon the salsa in a ring around the inside edges of the slow cooker. Cover and continue heating on high 15 minutes longer, or until the cheese is melted. Reduce the heat to the low setting and serve warm with crackers or tortilla chips for dipping. Refrigerate any leftovers.